Our team of full-time experienced movers arrive prepared and better equipped to move you safely and efficiently. Our crews are ready to protect all your furniture with furniture pads secured with tape. Runners to protect your floors and mattress bags to keep your mattresses and box springs clean. We also provide free to use wardrobe boxes to protect your clothes. Our crews arrive with the tools necessary to dismantle and reassemble bed frames, dresser mirrors, IKEA furniture, etc.
We provide long distance moves to-and- from the Greater Ottawa Area within Ontario and Quebec. We consider any move that starts or ends more than 100 kilometers from Ottawa’s City Hall to be a long-distance move. Pricing for these moves is based on an hourly rate for loading the contents onto the truck and then offloading at the destination plus a charge for travel time. The travel charge is billed at a rate per kilometer one way and depends on the size of the crew and truck. This charge covers the cost of getting the crew to the job, travel between locations, refueling, and returning to the office at the end of the job. Charging for travel time in this manner allows customers to better predict the cost of the move as poor weather conditions, accidents, detours, and other delays will not affect the cost.
No job is too small for our experienced moving team. Whether it’s one item or up to 5 items. We can provide you with a flat rate delivery charge. Delivery rates vary on the size weight and distance that said item(s) need to be moved. Delivery flat rates are based on our hourly rates but do not have a travel time added. We can provide the same care for your deliveries as we do for our complete moving service. (Our delivery service comes with basic cargo insurance 0.60 $ per pound).
We provide affordable packing and moving solutions for seniors. Our professional and polite team will pack up your belongings safely and insured. Help with advice on how much furniture to bring to your new residence. Unpack and place your belongings and even hang pictures (when permitted by the residence)
As with any insurance coverage, there is a deductible on claims. We charge a $200 deductible to initiate a claim process. Payment for moving services rendered along with payment of the deductible must be made in full before any claims will be processed.
There are also some limitations as to what will be covered by insurance and how things will be insured. Insurance will not cover:
– Mechanical or electronic functions of instruments, appliances or electronics. These items would only be covered if they suffered obvious physical damage at the hands of our moving crew.
– Any item with an assessed value exceeding $2000 unless approved by management.
– Articles in drawers or contents of boxes/packages not packed and unpacked by an agent of the 2 Pro Movers.
– Particle board, press board or brittle antique furniture. No moving company will insure these as they are high risk for damage. Particle board and press board furniture usually come disassembled in a box – it does not transport well when assembled.
– Any furniture that the customer does not allow the movers to properly pad and/or wrap.
– Plants, pets, or anything living – the environment inside the cargo hold of the moving truck is not suitable for transport of living things.
– Sums of money, securities, articles of extraordinary value such as gold, silver, or precious stones. Items of high value should never be placed on a moving truck.
– Paintings, works of art, natural stone furniture, glass table tops, over-sized wall mirrors/paintings, grandfather clocks or other large fragile items unless documented and properly wrapped or crated by an agent of 2 Pro Movers.
– Memory foam or latex mattresses unless packed in mattress boxes.
– Any mattress that the crew is required to bend or fold during the moving process.
– Damage to linoleum, laminate, or other forms of fabricated flooring.
– Items lost that have not been inventoried by the company
– Damages resulting from natural disasters or other causes beyond the control of the company
– Any damage resulting from the interference or assistance of a customer or other(s) in the moving or packing process
– Damages to any item loaded to or from a vehicle not owned, leased, or otherwise contracted by 2 Pro Movers
– Any damages resulting from the transport of restricted items including: liquids, combustibles, corrosives, perishable food, soil, pets, plants or guns.